Here's what you need...
-1 lb. ground beef (or turkey for a healthier opetion... I used the beef!)
-1 Can peeled/chopped tomatoes
-1 cup mild Salsa
-1 pack taco seasoning mix (we bought hot to give it a kick)
-1 4 oz. can green chilies
-1 cup ricotta cheese
-9 cooked lasagna noodles
-Cheddar and Jack Cheese (the recipe calls for a cup each, I used about 2 cups each)... I just bought the "Mexican Cheese Blend" bag and used IT ALL.
1. Brown the meat.
2. Add tomatoes, salsa, taco mix, and green chilies.
3. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
4. Be sure to cook your noodles early enough, they took a lot longer then I thought they wood. they don't have to be cooked perfectly all the way though, they finished cooking while in the oven perfectly.
5. In bottom of lasagna dish spread 1/3 of the meat mix, top with three noodles, spread 1/3 of the ricotta cheese on noodles, and top with a 1/3 of the mixed cheeses.
6. Repeat three times.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. I cooked it for 25 with foil to keep it from bubbling over just in case. Then I took the foil off and cooked it for another five or so to brown the cheese a little more. It was tough because I put SO MUCH cheese on top, we love cheese.
8. Feed yumminess to hubs and you will earn brownie points.
9. You earn points until you make him do dishes and he touches a pan and gets a wicked burn.